|2011 College Football|
|Bowl Pick 'Em|
Welcome to College Bowl Pick' Em 2011
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – WE HAVE MADE SEVERAL SMALL BUT KEY CHANGES TO OUR TIEBREAKERS.
• Welcome to College Bowl Pick Em 2011, our eleventh bowl season. For those of you that have participated in years past welcome back. For newcomers, this is a great event and I know you will enjoy it. There is no better way to become intimately involved in all the games. People often talk about the meaning of the season around this time of year......and I am pretty sure they mean College Bowl Season.
• The first place winner will take 80% of the pot, second 15%, and third 5%. Obviously the final amounts will depend upon the number of entrants. Last year we had 69 entrants and the payouts were: 1) 1st - $4,140 (80%), 2nd - $776.25 (15%), 3rd - $258.75 (5%).
• There are 35 bowl games this year. Pick all 35 Bowl Games against the spread plus the tiebreak of your top 7 key picks, and predicted score of the Championship Game. You will get 1 tiebreaker point for each of your key picks. In the event of a tie, the person with the most key picks points wins. If still tied, the person who picks the BCS National Championship wins and finally, closest score on the BCS Title game wins.
• You will be able to track your standings daily on the Bowl Poll website. The first game is the Gildan New Mexico Bowl on Saturday, December 17th at 2:00 pm EST. The deadline for joining will be Tuesday, December 20th at 8pm and payment should be submitted upon completing your entry.
• The fee is $75 (or less than $3 per game, which netted the winner last year $4,140) is payable to: [email protected] via paypal ($78 using Paypal) with a debit or credit card. Or you can send a check snail mail to Wes Battle: 2913 Dumbarton St NW Washington, DC 20007. If you use Paypal make sure you make the subject line something innocuous such as 'ski trip payment' or something. We got in trouble a couple years ago.
• The limit is 2 pools per person.
• You can email [email protected] or [email protected] if you have any questions.
• And last but not least, we will be moving this year’s poll
to a new website: officefootballpool.com. We have used it for several
years for some other polls and think it is the best platform for us this
• Click here to join my pool:
If the above link doesn't work and you need the Pool ID# and Pool Entry
Code (a.k.a Pool Password), they are: